Day 5
Brian didn't have to work which was so nice. I love having him home with us! We had AJ since there was no school for him, and went to the movies with our friends to see Kung Fu Panda. It was really cute and Brooke did pretty well. (not a very flattering photo of my kids, but eh)
Brooke went down for a nap after lunch, so I stayed home with her while Brian took the other 3 to the park. They took the snow sled and used it on the grass hills! So fun!
Day 6
started our day at the gym (sculpt). I am trying to get a summer workout schedule in place. As soon as I figure it out, I'll probably be headed out of town and mess it all up!
later it was library day! I let them each pick out 3 books. Alison is all about chapter books that look like comics. We are so lucky to have found a bunch at the library the last few weeks. They usually have a bunch, but they are all for boys...she found a bunch of girl ones and is in heaven. She reads every night!
Brian got home from work about a half hour early, so we headed of to hike the rocks in red rock. It was a fun little pre-dinner hike. We kinda wished we had more time...but we were starving
Day 7
went to the gym and did Ripped - after doing Sculpt the day before, I was in pain. A good pain though, my muscles were so sore!
Next we went to storytime and had a picnic lunch at Town Square with our friends. We also stopped by the book store to get a summer workbook for Alison - which she was happy about (this shouldn't surprise you if you know the kid ;o)
Brookie and I planted some seeds when we got home- I really have no idea what they were though haha
meanwhile the other 2 were upstairs making a fort!
Day 8
gym time - yoga today, to stretch out all those sore muscles!
We didn't do much this day - it was a down day...But I did get the house into some kind of order, so I was busy. The girls were crabby and tattling on each other all.day.long. I was a little frustrated. As soon as Brian got home, I passed them off to him and put myself in time out :o)
He got out the fishing poles and taught them how to cast. They both did AMAZING!
Day 9
it was national doughnut day, so we had to take advantage of that! We headed over to Winchels and got a treat before dropping some books at the library. We stopped by the park on the way home to run off some energy.
I let the kids add water to the sand box to make a "mudbox" instead. They played out there for almost 3 hours! yes they were muddy and wet, but all that fun was so worth it!
As soon as Brian walked in the door, I rushed out to go meet this little man! My good friend Candice had baby Owen that morning and I couldn't wait to hold him! He is just perfect...and so so cute. I brought them dinner (and a treat for her nurse), Dr Pepper for C and a beer for Jake (shhh it's not allowed in the hospital so don't tell anyone, it was a long day though and I thought he could use it ;o) I also made up a prototype paci clip that works with the hospital pacis. I stayed to help them move rooms and get in a little baby snuggle time before heading home to my own little crew!
and before you ask- although he is SUPER awesome, no - I don't want another one and I'm not sad we are done having kids!
2 of the nights, the girls had a sleepover in Alison's room. The first one went great...the second one, they ended up fighting and going back to their own beds.
updated the summer bucket list a lot this week!







No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!