Tuesday, June 7, 2011

PASSED!!!

I seriously can't believe I forgot to blog this!  It was a MAJOR milestone for me for Alison to pass Victory Drill!
What is Victory Drill?  The most painful thing the school has ever done to me! (oops, did I just type that?!)  It's actually about 60 pages, 100 words per page that she has to read for time.  She started last year in Kindergarten on page 1at 20 words per minute, and ended this year right before Easter on page 60 with 55 words per minute.

Now I realize this doesn't sound so bad...but let me tell you, there were many arguments and pouting moments due to this activity (that we did EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT).  They were 4-5 syllable words on those last pages...it was hard!  The longest 3 minutes of my day were working on this with her.  She would get SO frustrated that she wasn't reading faster, and I would get SO frustrated that she wasn't reading accurately!  I have to admit, most nights, Victory Drill got saved to do when Dad got home from work.  He was great with it.
BUT...all of our her hard work payed off...she passed, and got to go up on stage to get her Bible!  It's a big deal at her school to FINALLY get your Victory Drill Bible!  I was so so proud of her - and even Brian came to chapel that day to watch her get it  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!