Sunday, January 23, 2011

Skiing befor we go Skiing

Before we shell out the cash for ski school in Mammoth, we wanted to make sure the girls didn't hate it...so we piled into the truck and...
last weekend Brian, Guy and I took the kids skiing!  We sure did miss Amber, but she was a trooper and stayed home with the littles- Brooke and Ella.  Ella is Brooke's "best friend EVER" (her words!)  and had a blast staying behind.
The other 3 kids had almost as much fun in ski school.
Here is a sideways video of Alison...Brian didn't realize he was holding his phone the wrong direction when he was recording.


busy busy busy - on the way to the mountain!


That pink and purple kid is Al.  She did so awesome.  She started out on 1 ski to get the feel of it, and by the end of the day she was going on the lift by herself and skiing down the hill!  Thank goodness I didn't know about it or I probably would have worried...it's a long ways down from the lift and she had no instructor with her!

I think this is Alison...and maybe Liam


Alison waiting for Ellie...

Ellie did SO good.  She was went from knowing nothing, to skiing down and being able to turn and avoid people.  She loved the magic carpet and wasn't quite ready to brave the lifts...so her and I hung out for a while, and the others kept skiing.

My 2 superstars!!!!
I also learned how to ski.  It's a lot easier than learning to ride, but I still fell a few times.  And I have the battle scars to prove it.  Man, you'd think snow was soft by the looks of it! 

When we got back to town, Amber had dinner waiting for all of us - isn't she awesome?!  She knew we would be wiped out and not want to cook.  She picked up our bountiful basket of organic fruits and veggies that morning and used some of it for dinner :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!