I have a blog hu? Sorry I have been so bad about updating! With school and sports starting, I have been finding it hard to develop a good routine. To tell you the truth, I have been feeling a little overwhelmed. As my husband reminds me (too much lately) this is what I chose, and I'm the one who schedules the family - BUT, it's still hard sometimes. With soccer, baseball, swimming, bible study, homeschooling preschool, room mom for both classes, working out (which I refuse to give up), training Dex, and all the other little things that come up each week, I just might have gone a little crazy the last few weeks. I'm gettin it together though and hope to have more to post soon.
Alison is doing great in school - as always. She loves her teacher and got all A's on her latest progress report (can you believe they have been in school a month already?!) She had her first club soccer game this weekend. My heart almost melted when I saw her all suited up on the field. She is even #9 :o) This kid is such a blessing to our family. Such a good helper and such a good big sister.
Miss EllieB is also LOVING school (as we all knew she would) She has a billion friends and must hug and talk to each one every morning. She kept her behavior card green all week last week (the first week - she usually gets busted for talking!). She is also loving softball. Although she seems to enjoy whatever she is doing at any given time, so who knows if she will play another season. I always hated baseball, just too slow for me...but I must say that I really love watching her. She prefers first base, and is so darn cute in her cleats and visor - I could eat her up!
Brooke has been a handful lately, which only adds to my stress. She is SO whinny, and I don't know how to handle it. Yelling at her, time-outs, and sending her to her room don't seem to help. Asking her to speak normal doesn't help...sometimes I have to just tell her to stop talking all together because I feel my brain might explode. I know it's just part of being 3, and being the baby of the family. She is trying to establish her place and can't decided if she wants to be the baby, or a big girl. We will get through this stage, just as we have all the rest - but day to day, it's rough! Good thing she is so darn cute, and gives such good hugs ;o)
She is taking swimming lessons now. We will continue to do it throughout the year, and hopefully she will be able to swim on her own next summer. She FREAKED OUT the first day, but has done awesome since.
So, like I said, busy. I feel like I need a break. But our break got cancelled due to car problems. We were headed to Mammoth for Labor Day weekend, just our little family (which was sorely needed) but the Sequoia had some problems and we had to turn home. Those are the brakes I suppose.Don't get me wrong, this is the exact life I have want. There is no rather place I would rather be than watching my kids play their sports, volunteering at their school, and being home for the family - At the same time, just because it's the life I want, doesn't mean it's always easy! I'm super grateful that Brian works so hard though so I am able to do all this!
Speaking of B, we have started planning our 10 year anniversary vacation for next year. I'm already getting super excited and it's over a year away! We are probably going to book it in the next week - can you see me jumping up and down? Well I am...he made a list of places he wants to go, and told me to pick...decisions decisions. They are all amazing though, so we can't go wrong no matter what I choose.
So that's our life right now. Nice and full!



No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!