Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BTS

BTS = Back To School - That's how we abbreviated it when I worked at Target and it kinda just stuck.  
The Friday before school started, I made these mini cupcakes for an end of summer/back to school pool party.  I made extra to take to school on Monday BUT the pretzels sucked the moisture out of the cakes - so the cakes were dry and the pretzel was mushy...glad I tried one on Sunday before I took them all in!



 On Sunday, Alison woke up like this - it was worse than this, it actually looks better here.  It was totally swollen closed when she got out of bed.  It didn't hurt or itch, so instead of taking her to Quick Care, I went to Target, got some Benedryl and eye wash and gave her some time...it looked almost normal by the time she went to bed - then we prayed that it wouldn't come back!
Monday was the first day of school!  They were both very excited, although I had to wake them all up!
They were so cute picking out their clothes and how they wanted to do their hair...

For some reason, my kids are hard on lunch boxes, so they each got a new one this year - 


And new backpacks - At first I wasn't gonna let Al get a new one since she has 2 perfectly good ones...But Ellie was getting all new stuff, so I caved.  I have to admit,  I really love the one she picked out.  If it had been ugly, it would have been easier to stand my ground!  We had a hard time finding one to fit Ellie - the toddler ones are too small for her stuff and the regular ones are so huge.  The only ones in her size had characters all over them - you know how I feel about characters!  We finally found this one at Hot Topic, its super cute and not too huge!


All ready for her first day of Kindergarten!!!


my beautiful 2nd grader!  


Ellie was more than ready to go to school - I on the other hand was not ready to be without her.  I was sad to walk out of the room and away from that smiling face.  BUT - she has the MOST AMAZING teacher...so if I'm gonna share her with anyone, I'm glad it's Ms Pardon  Mrs Machado (she got married over the summer!!)   Her love for what she does, for the kids, for teaching them about the Lord really really shines through.   I'm sure Ellie will be as much of a blessing to her teachers and friends as she is to me! 

This one was a little sad that her besties Josh and Kyle weren't going to her school anymore.  I promised her, that she would have friends at school, so she put on a happy face and headed off to second grade! She had a great day and loved her teacher Mrs B.

 The new shoes she picked out for the first day...she also got a pair of Vans (yet to be photographed)

Ellie's new shoes - you'll notice they are different than the ones she was wearing earlier...the ones that I told her not to get...the ones that she insisted she NEEDED....the ones I bought and that hurt her feet now.

I made up these little gifts for their teaches, aids, and even the first grade teachers that we fell in love with last year...I got the idea form here  I didn't have time to go to Costco to print anything up, so I just printed them at home with their school colors - its a ice coffee Via from Starbucks.

While they were at school I measured and marked the wall, so Brian could hang all my stuff that night.  I needed a place for all of their school stuff - rather than in the middle of the floor!
Now that I'm looking at a photo, I think I need to paint the big frame black lol



These file boxes are straight I promise!  I loved the old school look of these - not sure what papers will go in them, but I HAD to have them  ;o)


I forgot my camera at home when we got to school - if you saw all the crap stuff I need to bring in for the first day, you'd understand.  I was so sad that I didn't get photos of the girls at their desks - Ellie's teacher sent me this one in the middle of the day.  So I got my photo AND I got a little Ellie fix when I was missing her the most!

Little Miss started school on Tuesday.  She did SO GOOD.  She colored and traced left handed, glued and cut right handed  haha  Actually she kept switching hands with her scissors because they would each get tired lol


They were all pooped by day #2 and were happy to crash with Dad after work.


Alison said school is "SO FUN!"  and Ellie said it was "ROCKIN AWESOME!"  I am so blessed to be able to send them to CCCS and I know that we will have a great school year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!