We went around and around about the theme for Brooke's party this year. I know I wanted it to be a party for her and her little friends (and their siblings) so we didn't invite any extra big kids...they were all friends that she plays with regularly and that are around her age. Well except for Amy and AJ who are family! I thought maybe a rainbow party, then it went to Candyland, then picnic, but finally ended up at a BOUNCY BALL PARTY!
We rented a bounce house - this is the only picture I have of it - my Mom jumping before the party started!
Best idea ever to get it - it kept all the kids busy...no need for games or crafts or anything!
I got playground balls for the party favors and used them to decorate the table until it was time for our guests to leave.
For food, we had 2 cheese balls, peanut butter kix balls, cheeto balls...
ball shaped candy: gumballs, sixlets, pretzel M&Ms, and malt balls. Brian cut some beautiful roses from our garden, so I added a vase of bouncy balls to even out my tablescape...
We also had oreo cake balls covered in mini m&ms, and more cheeto balls (I really wanted to get rid of them - they come in a HUGE box!) You can kind of see the yarn pom poms I made to decorate around the room also.
I left the kitchen counter open for pizza boxes that were coming a little later, but hung beach balls over it. I also hung beach balls in the tree in our front yard.
We had stopped at Costco for something else on Friday and saw these cute apple juices - they kind of looked like balls, so I grabbed them...we also had more drinks outside.
Here is the whole table minus the cake - I must have used the video camera to take the photo of everything...
Me and the birthday girl!!
The cute cake that Amber and Michele made! It turned out SO GOOD - thanks girls!!
blowing out her candles!
and the rest of these are my sweet girl opening her presents...
all she kept asking for was a rocket with people - so that's what we got her!
Yesterday was my girl's actual birthday!
and she picked:
cereal for breakfast
mac n cheese for lunch
steak and watermelon for dinner
and frozen yogurt for dessert!
At three, Brookie is a handful, but she is soooo loving and snuggly. She doesn't know she is three, she thinks she is as big as her sisters! She loves all things girly and will ONLY wear a "pretty dress". No shorts for this girl! She likes her nails polished and her hair done. She loves loves loves books and being read to. Just 2 weeks ago, she decided she was done with diapers and is totally potty trained! YES! I seriously thought the day would never come when we wouldn't have to buy diapers! She is growing up so so fast and we are treasuring every second with her!
Happy 3rd Birthday Princess!!
Great pictures, except maybe of the Bounce House!!
ReplyDelete