Friday, March 25, 2011

California!!!

I better post about my last vacation before Brian and the girls get back from the next one!
He took Brooke and Ellie camping this weekend - Al and I stayed home.

A couple weeks ago we took off for California.  Alison had a half day Friday and Monday off - so we thought we should get out of town.  Brian unfortunately had to work...but fortunately all his hard work helps to fund these great trips for our kids - catch 22.
First stop: Grandma and Grandpa Lashmett's house.  The kids found bubbles somewhere and fun in the backyard.

That night I went out to dinner with my girl Jen...She is moving to Texas, so it was our last hoorah for a while  :o(  We did a little shopping at Anthro and Sur la Table - I spent too much money, and they didn't even have what I went for!

Pinkberry is a mandatory stop!!


 On Saturday my Mom and I met Christina in downtown Las Angeles to visit the fabric district.  You can read about it here...

On Sunday morning, we met my Dad for breakfast near his office.  The kids HAD to climb this tree in front of the restaurant - can you blame them?!

Later we were supposed to go to Huntington Beach for a kite festival, but it was cold and windy, so we hung out at Brian's parents house...I sat in the swing for most of the day haha


Monday my brother and I took my crew (along with David, Amy and Mary) to DISNEYLAND!!!  The kids were SO excited - it was Brooke's first time.


Waiting for the park to open and Uncle Jeff to get there - we got in line to enter the park and Jeff made it just as we were walking in the gate, so he didn't have to wait!
We almost never wait for the long line for Dumbo, but the girls really wanted to go on it!

deciding where to go...
waiting for David and Amy to pick up their season passes...

She started out so happy!
 Ellie in Tarzan's tree house...
 In line for Pirates - she isn't too sure about this...

not happy at all!  She told me to cover her eyes the whole time  -  poor girl!

Then when I told her she was leaving to go play with Grandma Lashmett - she got happy again.  My Mom drove all the way to Disneyland to pick her up after lunch!  My Mom is awesome!!!  Brooke was so happy about it, until it was time to buckle up.  My Mom said she fell asleep super quick in the car though.





 Alison is trying to figure out the chopsticks...



 She did it!!



Can I just tell you that I had been waiting for this day for 5 years!  Ellie was big enough to ride the roller coasters!!!  She  LOVES being a little scared and going fast.  Alison tolerates it sometimes (like Brian) but Ellie LOVES it (like me!) 
Here they are in line for Space Mountain - so fun!



On Tuesday morning, we went to pick up Brooke (who stayed with my parents) and drove home.  It was a fun trip but I will never do Disneyland again without Brian!

1 comment:

  1. what a fun vaca! You are a brave women to venture disneyland without brian:) So glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!