Monday, July 11, 2011

Tahoe/Mammoth/Bishop Trip

Our First stop on our Tour of The Sierras was Mammoth.  We stayed in the condo one night to help break up the trip a little.

playing on the grass outside the condo

we went for a little hike on the slopes

all ready to go out to dinner - how did I get so lucky to raise these kids?!
  Next stop was Tahoe - well Gardnerville, just outside Tahoe.
How are there only 6 kids in this photo?  Oh yeah, the little ones ate with us - it was quite an adventure eating out each meal with 10 kids!

what else do you do while you wait for a wedding to start?  GO SWIMMING!



Jess and Justin getting married by Carissa!

They had an awesome kids area set up with play dough and coloring books and bubbles

the cake table - loved that Oreo cake too!

kids dancing


she busted me taking video of her moves ;o)

1st dance!

Some beautiful girls

Jimmy made sure Christina and I didn't spend the WHOLE night chasing after kids  - Thanks Jim!!

We made a mandatory stop at the fish hatchery on the way to Bishop



This deer was right on the other side of the fish - beautiful



We made it to the ranch in Bishop after a stop at Kmart and Vons.

This Mama had her baby (laying on the ground) while we were there.  It was so cool to see her give birth.  I think Debbie was aggravated that we wouldn't leave her alone, so she left for the house with all 10 kids.  I couldn't help but watch.  I kept holding my breath and willing her to push - poor Mama got the baby out finally!

The whole reason we stopped in Bishop was to have a baby shower for #6!!!  She is going to be a girl, so we did a sugar and spice tea party theme.  Here is the food table (missing some food lol)

This was my paint chip banners...they turned out cute, but hard to see with the bright window

the gift area

the clothes line of clothes Debbie got for Tanya - it was so cute!


sorry Tanya, but it was the only pic of the cute tea pot Christina got her

Debbie and Christina dyed these doilies and then Christina and I put them together - the small ones turned out the best

The table where we ate and had tea.  Christina made cinnamon sugar shakers for everyone to take home as a party favor.

I thought this was funny - Nick couldn't find any clean dishes, so he was eating breakfast out of a serving bowl and using a ladle   haha

Nick and Bobby talking farm

playing on the playground at the ranch

only a ranch could have backyard swings this big!

this is the tree house that Bobby is building for the kids! 

random photo of Alison after playing in the water

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!