Brian took Ellie and Brooke camping last weekend at Joshua Tree. Alison's social schedule was way too full to go, so I stayed home with her - plus it was cold and windy and I don't do cold and windy.
I think it took them about 3 hours to get there...and the camp site was full, they didn't take reservations. We totally forgot about Spring Break everywhere!
B's parents house was only 2 hours away, so he took them there and camped in their backyard. On Saturday, they even went out on MV lake to go fishing - the girls LOVED it.
They cooked on the camp stove and told ghost stories by the fire pit.
Even though it wasn't what they had planned, it was still a great weekend with Dad! And Al and I had some good 1-on-1 time too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments - THANK YOU!